Constantly innovating technology for reliable and intelligent fleet information
Our exciting new fleet management software with its environmental reporting capabilities, trip visualisation, enhanced data accuracy and compatibility with the latest Microsoft product releases.
We have developed brand new software as well as made enhancements to existing elements. All these changes ensure that we continue to bring you cutting-edge technology for the telematics industry.
• SQL2008, Windows 7 & Server 2008 compatibility
• Trip visualisation functionality
• Improved security access
• Speed resolution to 1 km/h
• Check Point Routes (CPR)
• Enhanced report suite
- Fuel usage & CO2 emissions report
• Latest map set (v4.5)
FMS 5 is compatible with the latest versions of Operation Systems (OS). The latest PC hardware comes preloaded with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and FMS has been qualified against these official releases from Microsoft.
A graphical display of the trip has been built into the trip replay function on FMS. This gives you a summary overview of vehicle/driver activities for the selected trip period.
At a glance, you would be able to monitor the following (provided the appropriate sensors are fitted):
• Vehicle productivity time
• RPM and speed at selected reporting interval
• Event triggered in vehicle (user inputs, power cuts etc.)
• Driver behaviour events (harsh breaking and harsh acceleration)
• Driver names linked to duration of driving time
• Speeding violations (when FMS is configured with limits)
• All in-cab notifications as configured at time of installation
• GPS lock notification: a minimum signal of 3 satellites to ensure accurate positioning
To investigate any area of concern within the trip visualisation display, simply expand the graphical area with a click and drag of the mouse. The map display, trip visualisation display and text reports will all be synchronised to reflect the same area and associated trip detail.
Trip visualisation can be personalised.
Improved security access
Only users with Bureau access rights or those who belong to the FMS admin group will be allowed to open “Editors”. This ensures that only users with appropriate rights can edit certain data.
FMS 5 will display vehicle speed to a resolution of 1 km/h.
Check Point Routes (CPR)
The CPR functionality allows you to set a route with a maximum of 21 check points. These points are captured with an expected arrival and departure time at each point. FMS 5 will display a notification if a vehicle arrived or departed late from the appropriate Check Point. Should the vehicle be running late between various points, these would be accumulative as the trip proceeds. Check Point Routes will be closed after completion of the last check point in the selected route.
The reporting module has been redesigned and includes a new Crystal Xcelsius viewer which will allow for a graphical view of reports.
A significant enhancement to our system is the addition of a fuel utilisation and carbon dioxide emissions report. Keeping up to date with international environmental trends, Orchid offers you a report that indicates actual fuel consumption and the related CO2 emissions. This functionality is available on all diesel vehicles fitted with a fuel flow sensor.
Focus on driver-based reporting with an enhanced look and feel:
Driver reports will display data for all known drivers. The categories are:
These reports will display information based on a trip, where a trip is defined as “log in to log out”.
- Time-range-based by date and time
- Time-range based by working hours
- Time-range-based by day (Daily Reports)
- Time-range-based by month (Monthly Reports)
Latest Map Set v4.5
The new map set has up-to-date coverage and an enhanced visual appearance.
How do I get FMS 5?
Please contact our Orchid Client Support Centre on 0861 505 500 and we will arrange for a consultant to meet with you and ascertain your business needs for an effective fleet management system.
Track what counts!
We understand the importance of knowing where your trailers are at all times. Avoid theft, operational malfunctions and misuse with easily accessible reports and alerts. Our Trailer Tracking Unit (TTU) enables you to increase productivity and customer service.
The TTU unit can be used on either 12 or 24 volt trailers and is compatible with our current TCU product range. Our system offers full fleet management based on integrated GSM and GPS with extensive battery back-up. This means we can offer you configurable reporting rates with accurate position reporting.
TTU Product Features
• GPS/GSM with built in or external aerials
• Built in tamper switch
• Water, dust and protection to IP 65
• Extended < 8 day battery life (standby mode)
• Geofence and zone management
• Configurable reporting rates
• Dual communication reporting modes (GPRS & SMS fall back)
• Ignition detection via vehicle power supply*
• Charging of batteries via park lights*
The TTU is also available with an EXD (extended) 14 day standby battery.
TTU Software features and benefits
• Identify the position of the trailer at all times
• View trailer trip replay
• Records last known position of the trailer whether hitched or unhitched
How do I get a Trailer tracking Unit?
Contact us on 0861 505 500 or fill in the “request a quote” form and we will get back to you with more information.